Friday, June 1, 2012

IMC 2012 - Consu Alien Model



Here's some more pre-viz work for the Illustration Master Class coming up in a week. I thought it would be a good idea to make a 3D poseable model of the Consu alien based on the description in the book. It has 3 sets of limbs: the two main legs used for locomotion, the small articulated limbs used for delicate manipulation, and the oversized razor appendages that can be used for attacking foes and counterbalancing. It could even drive them into the ground and rear up, kicking with its back legs. I think this is a pretty damn good design.

The model here is going to be used strictly for posing. I plan on adding hair, texture, ornamentation, and perhaps some more spikes around the edges of the carapace.

3 comments:

Kari Christensen said...

Awesome model! I look forward to seeing how it works into your piece at the IMC:)

galen dara said...

this is SO awesome! I have Daz, but have not yet even opened it (to afraid to get out of my comfort zone.) I shall definitely be hitting you up for a demo at IMC.

Linda Lawler said...

Fantastic model. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Linda15