Friday, October 14, 2011

Fight the Giant, WIP #6


I'm almost finished. I decided I didn't like the giant's mouth. It was just... weird. So, painting on a new layer, I gave him a huge gaping monkey-mouth spewing a loud battle cry. I think it works much better. There was also this weird thing going on with his torso muscles (see previous post); they were all wonky so I fixed that as well.

That background was giving me trouble, but I think I finally nailed it. Now I just need to paint a broken sword on the ground, give the soldier more grime and I think I got it.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the lighting. I think the lighting on the warrior might be all wrong. It seems like he should be much darker, being in the foreground. Especially since he's backlit, which wasn't originally planned, but I went with it because love how it works with the rim light on the giant. I just don't feel like re-painting the warrior, but maybe I need to if for no other reason than to not let my renderings get too "precious" to me. Plus it's not like I'm on a deadline or anything.

No comments: